Objectives : Aiming high and how are they achieved …
NECC's objectives and achievements go far beyond determining fair egg prices. After fulfilling its original purpose NECC expanded its scope of activities to achieve the following.
- Price declaration.
- To decide upon a reasonable price for eggs which ensures a fair return to the farmers, decent margins to the middleman and a fair price to the customer.
- To monitor the egg stock levels in different production centres.
- Manage stock levels and regulate the movement of stocks from surplus to deficit regions, in order to maintain a balance between demand and supply.
- Market intervention through Agrocorpex India Limited.
- To organize and unite poultry farmers across the country.
- To create a dependable distribution network so that eggs could reach every household in every village.
- To generate employment by encouraging people to take up egg farming and egg trading.
- To promote exports and develop export markets
- To make available the technology and information for increased production of eggs.
- To get government support and financial aid from banks for various schemes in rural India.
- Advertise with the objective of educating the customer.
- Undertake a powerful egg promotion campaign to counter the myths about the egg and communicate it's benefits. This would help increase the level of consumption of eggs.
- Market research, identification and its development.
- Preparation and submission of position papers to the government on issue affecting the industry.